One day, I realised I did not want to work for the next 40 years. Millions of people around the world have the same thought and put it aside because there isn’t a way to give it all up.
Then you search online for it and find out that retiring early is possible.
It seems too good to be true but then you read about all the people who have achieved this and you think maybe?!
You read and investigate more and realise that Financial Independence is possible for you.
You simply need to save up 25 times your yearly expenses and then you can live off your investments for the rest of your life.
- The 4% Rule: The Easy Answer to “How Much Do I Need for Retirement?”
- Safe Withdrawal Rate for Early Retirees
Financial Independence is for Everyone
Everyone has different reasons to aim for FI and each has a different way of getting there. This is OK, there are many paths to FI:
- Coach Carson
- JL Collins
- Millionaire Educator
- Mr Money Mustache
- Our Next Life
- Root of Good
- 1500 Days
Each one of these people achieve FI by different means and well worth a look.
Enter FIRE-ish, my blog that will try gather advice and trips from around the FI community to help everyone reach Financial Independence one way or another.
Read through all posts from the beginning of FIRE-ish or pick out your favourite or a topic that catches your eye. There will be something for everyone.
- Meet the fighting FIRE-ish!
- Is your diet coke costing you thousands?
- How much do you need to retire?
- Will my nest egg be enough?
- Get rich with the bike to work scheme
- Emergency Funds – a thing of the past?
- The FIRE-ish story
- AVCs: What can they do for you?
- Is retirement boring?
- How to avoid failure by failing!
- Housing: is it worth buying or renting?
- There are no guarantees in life, only reduced risk
- Do it yourself for the best reward
- 7 habits that will make you rich!
- This is how the wealthy get rich slowly
- Is your first €100k of wealth proven the hardest?
- The big expenses!
- 10 things I saved money on!
- 10 Travel Tips that Save you Money
- How I save over €32,000 by simply changing where I shop!
- Keep it Flexible
I am Steve, the author and owner of FIRE-ish, where I try to share my story and help people towards Financial Independence with small tips and tricks that add up. Follow me on Twitter at @fire_ish and on Pinterest. I am trying to grow my readership so if you enjoyed this post, please share it!
Thrifty Tips Series
Financial Independence (FI) is a growing movement. Freedom from the rat race, getting off the hamster wheel, whatever you want to call it, we can all agree, it is something we aspire to or have reach. Otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this.
The mechanisms of reaching FI are different for each person but there are common goals on the road map to achieving Financial Independence:
- Get out of debt
- Reducing your cost of living
These are the cornerstones of the your journey to FI. You get to decide how you do each one.
The “Thrifty Tips” Series is all about advice and tips from the FI community for the FI community!
The aim is to create an amalgamation of advice, tips, life hack or anything that may be helpful to help with one or more of these cornerstones and speed you towards the freedom of FI.
Take a look through the advice and tips from people from all around the FI community:
If you have one piece of advice you wish someone told you, a frugal life hack or anything that will help someone get that bit closer to FI, then get in touch by emailing email@example.com or send a message on Twitter. I would love to hear from you and feature you in a post.